Select farms will be open to visitors during the Ogle County Farm Stroll from noon to 5 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 9.
• White Pines Ranch, 3581 Pines Road, Oregon; tours, corn maze, horses; call 815-732-7923 to schedule horse riding reservations for 1, 2, or 3 p.m.
• Hinrichs Farms, 1675 S. Columbian Road, Oregon; corn shelling and grinding, rope making, farm equipment and tools on display in four buildings
• BerryView Orchard, 7504 W. Midtown Road, Mount Morris; orchard walks, pick or purchase pre-picked aronia berries, apples, sample jams, jellies and cookies
• Centennial Acres, 13400 W. West Grove Road, Forreston; horseback riding from 2 to 4 p.m., sesquicentennial barn tours
• Dietrich Ranch, 4575 N. Leaf River Road, Mount Morris; grass fed cattle and lamb, meats for sale, rotational grazing demonstration at 3 p.m.
• Irish Lady Farms, 1746 W. Oregon Trail Road, Oregon; Russian Orloff laying hens, egg hatching, vineyards, farm fresh eggs, fresh baked artisan breads, biscotti, high-octane energy bars, ongoing tours
No pets are allowed on the tour.
Visit Northern Illinois Farm Stroll on Facebook or call Elizabeth Sosa at the University of Illinois Extension, Ogle County office at 815-732-2191 for more information.