Subscribe

Subscribe
Subscribe to the Oregon Republican Reporter, Mt Morris Times, Tri-County Press and Forreston Journal
Local

Family loses home to dryer fire Oct. 26

By Vinde Wells

vwells@oglecounty

news.com

A fire official said the fire which destroyed the home of a Forreston family last week started in the clothes dryer.

Forreston Fire Chief Stuart Meyers said the home of Dylan Joens and Cari Harper at 501 S. Ash St. was a total loss.

“It was fully engulfed when we got there,” he said.

The couple and their five children were home Oct. 26 when the fire started but escaped safely, Meyers said.

Firefighters from the Mt. Morris, Polo, Leaf River, Byron, and Shannon Fire Departments assisted at the scene, he said.

Molly Bowen, one of the owners of Bowen’s Carpet Dry, Forreston, is spearheading an effort to help the family, who lost their belongings as well as their home.

Bowen said her business are running a special for Joens and Harper and their family through Nov. 13.

The Bowens will donate 40 percent of the cost, when customers mention the special, to the family to help them get back on their feet.

Loading more